Monday, May 29, 2006

The Mountain that Broke ME. (Jack Twist: Ya know it could be like this, just like this always.)

Brokeback Mountain. A story of two men who fell into an intense, forbidden, mad, sick involvement.

I've seen the film last weekend. Not on the big screen. Sad.

I liked it. Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal were perfect.
I've never seen any romantic film so intense as this one.
Watching the film was like opening an extravagant gift, it gets better and better as the story unfolds little by little. You will feel what the characters were feeling. I felt the deep thing going between the two of them.
The film didn't make me cringe. Seeing two perfectly gorgeous men making out didn't bother me at all.
It wasn't the making out that MADE the movie. It is the purest of the feelings they have for each other.
For me, this movie is not about two men making a complete fool of themselves, who engaged themselves in a horrid kind of relationship, but about two individual having something beautiful, something extraordinary, something beyond special .
Same sex relationship is something that would be hard for me to get used to (or never will get used to). But the film moved me and honestly, made me realize that those 'bizarre' relationships are not that disturbing and can be beautiful too (not that I intend to get myself involved in one).

This film can move you into higher places, or plainly will move you. The feeling lingers towards the end and even after watching it. I would never ever forget the look on Jack's face when he said goodbye to Ennis. That was the last they've seen of each other. Jack died. Ennis was alone in his trailer, keeping their shirts. This part was truly heartbreaking. I felt Ennis' sadness. This is truly a masterpiece. A movie so simple, yet so perfect.


Let me include here some of the reviews I found:

"Many movies have left me excited, intrigued and sad. But none have left me as emotionally devastated as Brokeback has. It's as if the movie insinuated itself around my very soul and wrapped its grief around my unsuspecting heart – leaving it heartbroken ever since. The beauty of this movie is that it makes the characters seem so real, so live and their pain so raw, that the sorrow that permeates the story – hinted at first in the display of the most beautiful desolated sceneries, together with a melancholic music score, sneaks in your head, and unknowingly but quite forcefully takes hold of your body and soul and never seems to let them go."

"This was a wonderful work from Ang Lee. To portray this movie in such a delicate, sensitive way merits all ovations it gets. During an interview, Ang Lee said that when casting, he decided to go after young and innocent. That choice has really paid off here because in a way that's why the movie works: because to find love when one is so young, so innocent, that is the purest kind of love. When tragedy hits later on the movie, and somehow we kind of expect that from the start, the only thing that remains out of this now flawed, resentful relationship is a sense of love. But Jack and Ennis' souls have been irremediably broken."

"That movie is one of the kind you do not get to see that often: Pittoresque, emotional, touching, and all that without being cheesy or corny. A quiet, gentle story about two people falling in love, absolutely believable, because honest and deep. "

-----

For those of you insistent that this movie is crap I highly recommend that you please do NOT see this movie....you will hate it, and you will hate yourself for wasting your time and money.....You simply will not "get it", and you never will. Like a newly found buried treasure, this should only be awarded to those fortunate few who will value it's raw power.





4 Comments:

At Monday, May 29, 2006 8:21:00 PM , Blogger Alan Tanga said...

I'm one of those insistent people.. hihi. yak, brokbax.

 
At Tuesday, May 30, 2006 6:37:00 AM , Blogger Miss Mal said...

there are normal relationships in this world which wouldn't be as beautiful as I've seen in that movie.

 
At Monday, July 17, 2006 9:25:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

 
At Thursday, July 20, 2006 12:20:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home