Sunday, June 04, 2006

The Beginning of the End

January 15, 2005.
Our 3rd year anniversary.
No plans.
And I thought, maybe it is like this. When you get to the third year of the relationship, planning on what you two are going to do to make the day somewhat special (or make it SEEM special), isn't really that big of a deal. Right or not? My shift was done. I know he be at home. I called him on the house phone. He answered. "Hi baby, happy anniversary. Magkikita ba tayo?" That was weird. Why did he have to ask if we were going to meet up? We SHOULD see each other, right? But then I let it pass. I said, "I guess. Maybe we could have lunch now before you go to school, or we can meet up later after your class, then I can go home (Batangas) after." Well, to make the story short, we ended up not seeing each other that day. I was disappointed. I went home, blues all over. I didn't text him. I want to let him feel that I'm furious that he didn't insist that we see each other that day. The night passed without us talking. I slept with a heavy heart.

January 16, 2005.
I woke up feeling empty. I reached for my phone on the side of my bed. No text. Tss. That creep didn't even bother. Then he called. He felt the chill in my voice. "Baby, what's wrong?" he asked.
"You didn't text me." I said. We argued about it for a good 3 minutes. He said that I was being difficult again. Then he dropped the bomb. "I think we better call it quits." Without thinking, I said, "Ok. This time, I'm going to let it all go. I'm going to let you go." I didn't hear my voice trailed. I was proud of myself. Then he cried. I cried, too. Then that was it.

January 23, 2005.
Beep beep. Text message. "How dare you text RJ. You know he has a girlfriend already." Of course, being the girl that I am, I didn't reply. What for? So, he finally got a girl right after a week we split. Great. That's my cue to let everything go. And I did.


------------
I didn't cry that day I found out that he already got a girl. I didn't wanna. I can remember feeling sad and empty the day after. I can remember how thinking of the good times leaves me aching, a month after. I am done with the sulking, 2 months after. I picked up the pieces, 3 months after. I was back on track, 4 months after. Bullshit you'll say, but it IS true.

The day he started to forget me was the day I started thinking of myself. I decided not to let the past hurt me. Never would I let anything in the future kill me.

For all others who let the past hurts linger up to this day, I have one word for you all: SUFFER.

14 Comments:

At Sunday, June 04, 2006 7:40:00 PM , Blogger Alan Tanga said...

It's so easy to leave and let go when you know that you don't have anyone/anything to wait for. SUFFER! :p

 
At Sunday, June 04, 2006 7:50:00 PM , Blogger Miss Mal said...

hmm. right. so ikaw alan? me inaasahan ka pa ba? hahaha. joke.
ok lan yan. suffer. lolz

 
At Sunday, June 04, 2006 7:57:00 PM , Blogger Alan Tanga said...

Ewan ko. As usual, paka-tanga muna ngayon. Tsaka na resbak. haha :p

 
At Sunday, June 04, 2006 8:25:00 PM , Blogger Miss Mal said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Sunday, June 04, 2006 8:28:00 PM , Blogger Miss Mal said...

haha. resbaak. sabi ko naman sayo kapag nalaman mo na me boyfriend na sya,sabihin mo agad sakin. aagawin ko yun lalaki. hehehe. yey.

 
At Sunday, June 04, 2006 8:41:00 PM , Blogger sykotik said...

eto ba yun bago? lilito ako..

 
At Sunday, June 04, 2006 8:48:00 PM , Blogger Miss Mal said...

huy jhoeffrey. lost ka naman e. haha

 
At Sunday, June 04, 2006 8:58:00 PM , Blogger sykotik said...

bakit biglang na alala? ahihihi.. wala lang.. ganun ba talaga... mas madali ang magmahal kaysa makalimot? you can't really have everything in life all at the same time... but it really sucks.. sulking.. ahehehe.. wel... lahat naman dumadaan sa ganyan.. kaya kanya kanyang dala lang yan...

 
At Sunday, June 04, 2006 9:08:00 PM , Blogger Miss Mal said...

jhoeffrey, gusto ko lan idocument dito. kaw naman. hehe.

 
At Sunday, June 04, 2006 9:41:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yan twag mo sa ken eh..ansya naman ng 3rd yer anniv nu ..un un tipong unforgettble tlag..haha..pero bilib na ko sau...sanakaya ko din un...kunsakale...pero wagt sana..haha

 
At Sunday, June 04, 2006 9:44:00 PM , Blogger Miss Mal said...

just don't let it happen. dapat di mawala respect. lam mo minsan naisip ko, what if nde ako pumayag na magbreak kame, ano kaya nangyari. pdeng ok pa rin kame hanggang ngayon,or pdeng naglolokohan na lan din kame. well, i still believe na i did the right thing. well. haffeee naman ako now eh.:) hehe.

 
At Sunday, June 04, 2006 10:00:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oo nga eh kun ako siguro un kun ako lan ha di ako pumayag na ganun..ewan ko ganun kase ako..bsta lam ko na pede pa..hay..paran ilan beses ko na din nasabe un word na un kaso d naman sya pumapayag,...takot ko lan siguro kun pumayag din sya haha..yep kita naman ur supha happy...

 
At Monday, June 05, 2006 11:28:00 PM , Blogger buttmanizer said...

"I think we better call it quits."
sakit naman nun. tsk...

 
At Tuesday, June 06, 2006 8:22:00 AM , Blogger Miss Mal said...

butt butt:
quits daw, kse dati ako nakipagbreak, tas sya naman. so, quits na kame. hahhahaahha.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home